Using Extreme Loading® for Structures (ELS) software, structural engineers can perform seismic analysis so that structures are built to resist seismic events, thereby protecting the structures and their occupants. ELS is built to make it easy for structural engineers to perform static or dynamic non-linear analysis using the Applied Element Method (AEM) , the only method of analysis that automatically calculates crack initiation, propagation and separation of elements. With ELS, engineers are not only capable of analyzing buildings, but all structures such as bridges, stadiums, cranes, pipelines and so forth.
Seismic Analysis Features Include:
- As-designed models can be built using presets or custom geometries in a 3D modeling environment
- Detailed reinforcement can be easily modeled
- Non-linear static “push-over” analysis
- Import Earthquake Time-History in the X, Y, & Z directions
- Seismic acceleration or displacement time history analysis
- Automatic consideration of the P-delta effect
- Takes into account the geometrical non-linear changes that occur within the structure
- Automatic internal force diagrams
- Load deformation curves
- Eigen modes
Related Links for Seismic Analysis:
This paper was presented at the 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (16WCEE) in Santiago, Chile, January 9th-13th, 2017. The paper is a result of research into the use of Extreme Loading for Structures in seismic assessment and retrofitting historic...
Are you attending the World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (16WCEE) in Chile January 9th-13th, 2017. Learn more about how you can use Extreme Loading for Structures for the performance based design of structures against seismic, blast, high wind, impact, and...