- Copyright Statement
- Trademarks, Usage, & Linking
- Online Orders
- Export Compliance
Last updated 1/1/2016
Applied Science International, LLC, a North Carolina Limited Liability Company with a principal place of business at 2012-A TW Alexander Drive, Durham, NC 27709, USA, and its subsidiaries (collectively, “ASI”) provides information regarding products, and services available on this websites:
Access or use of these websites (the “Sites”) is subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms”).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THESE SITES. BY ACCESSING THESE SITES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE SITES.
“You” or “your” means you personally (i.e., the individual who reads and agrees to be bound by these terms), and, if you access these Sites on behalf of a corporation or other legal entity (including, but not limited to, a joint venture, partnership, LLC, or LLP), collectively, you and such corporation or other legal entity on whose behalf you access these Sites.
Use of these Sites is made at no charge (unless otherwise stated), although you should be aware that charges for Internet use may apply at rates determined by your provider. ASI reserves the right to change the products, services, prices, and programs mentioned in these Sites, at any time, at its sole discretion.
ASI reserves the right to change these Terms, and provide you with notice of such change by posting the revised draft of the Terms on these Sites or by other reasonable means selected by ASI. You can determine when these Terms were last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of these Terms. Your continued use of these Sites after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
ASI further reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for any violation of these Terms. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by ASI.
- All materials on the ASI Sites are copyrighted and may not be used without the written permission of ASI except as provided in these Terms.
- All parties shall use the ASI Site for lawful purposes only. No party shall post or transmit through the ASI Site any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or that, without ASI’s express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services.
- Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall ASI, its subsidiaries or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, ASI materials, products, or services. You, as the user, specifically acknowledge and agree that ASI is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any ASI material, products, or services or with any of ASI’s Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using ASI Sites, material, products, or services.
- Images of people, projects, or places displayed on these Sites are either the property of, or used with permission by, ASI. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on these Sites. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communication regulations and statutes.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on these Sites are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ASI. Nothing contained on these Sites should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on these Sites without the written permission of ASI. The use of the Trademarks displayed on these Sites, or any other content on these Sites, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that ASI will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Some of ASI’s sites contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different from ASI’s. You should consult the other site’s privacy notices, as ASI makes no warranties regarding the information that is submitted to, or collected by, these other sites.
- The information on this site is provided without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including that of fitness for a particular purpose. ASI makes no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information. Comments or concerns may be e-mailed to customersupport @ appliedscienceint.com (remove spaces). In no event shall ASI be liable for any incidental or consequential damages.
- ASI may at any time revise these Terms by updating this posting. All users are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms to which they are bound.
Protection of personal privacy is a major concern of ASI. ASI maintains the anonymity of each responder unless that responder has expressed consent to release certain personal information or responses.
In the same way, ASI protects the identity of those who access its SITES. The following policy provides details as to the types of information collected through ASI web sites, including personal information and how it is treated.
- Information Collected by Web Site
ASI Web sites gather information in two ways: (1) indirectly (for example, through site technology), and (2) directly (for example, when the site visitor voluntarily provides information on various pages).
- Information Collected Indirectly
ASI indirectly collects a variety of information pertaining to the use of its Sites. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is used for the general operation of the Sites, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our web sites.
ASI also collects non-personal information about which pages our customers visit within our Sites. Our web servers do not record e-mail addresses or other personal information unless it is willingly provided by the individual when filling out a web form or registering on the Sites.
Only designated administrators have access to this information, and it is used only for administrative and planning purposes to meet the needs of our users, including but not limited to the improvement of the content of these Sites and the customization of the content and/or layout of these Sites for individuals or groups of users.
ASI will not share your information with other organizations besides its regional software distributors or subsidiaries without your prior approval with the exception of some instances below in Information Collected Directly.
- Information Collected Directly
ASI also collects information that is voluntarily provided by site when a site visitor registers or requests services through the Sites:
- Contact Information & Professional Data: Such as name, phone number, email address, education, employment background, references, or other general information about you and your company. ASI will never knowingly barter, trade, or sell access to our database of registered users. The personal information you provide to us when making a request may be made available to ASI’s regional software distributors or an ASI subsidiary for completing your request. After fulfilling your request, the information you provide may be used by us for direct marketing of ASI, its subsidiaries, or regional software distributors, ASI may use the services of a third parties to process your information and send you mailings.
- Billing & Transaction Information: Such as credit card or other financial information required to process your purchases. This information is used solely to process relevant transactions with our payment processor and is kept completely confidential and will be used only to contact you or process transactions. If you choose to save credit card or financial information, it will be stored by PayPal or Authorize.net and should refer to their policies. You may choose to have this information removed at any time.
- Correcting and Changing User Information and Preferences
If you are receiving e-mail communications from ASI but wish to discontinue the service, you may request to do so at any time by filling out a request form on the Contact Us page on any of the Sites. You also have the option to request a revision of your user information at any time in the same manner.
- Information Security
ASI understands the need for user privacy, and we maintain strict security procedures to protect your information. ASI has appointed an Administrator to monitor privacy practices.
Access to your data is strictly limited to specific individuals who have been trained to respect user privacy. The access given to these employees is confined to their need for such information for business reasons. A log of those who accessed the data is maintained and monitored to prevent security breaches.
- What other information should I know about my privacy?
ASI contains links to other web sites. Note: When you click on one of these links, you are entering another web site for which ASI has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all such sites, as their policies may be materially different from ASI’s policies. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and account information. Please be very careful with this information, especially whenever you are online.
In addition to the circumstances described above, ASI may disclose member information if required to do so by law, court order, as requested by other government or law enforcement authority, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, to protect the rights or properties of ASI or if we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be interfering with our rights or properties, intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
- What safeguards are in place to protect the loss, alteration, or misuse of my information?
All Billing & Transaction information you provide to ASI is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us.
- Children and Privacy
ASI encourages parents and guardians to be fully familiar with the sites visited by their children. ASI sites will not intentionally contain content that is generally considered unsuitable for children.
- Links to Other Sites
ASI web sites may contain links to sites owned and/or operated by other organizations, and the privacy policies of those sites may differ from that of ASI. These sites may collect data and make use of it in ways that ASI does not. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on all third-party sites.
- Transfer of Information
In accessing ASI Sites, you may be transferring personal data that is used by ASI for statistical, administrative, or marketing purposes. As a worldwide organization, ASI collects data that may be transferred internationally throughout ASI offices worldwide. In using any ASI Site you consent to having your information transferred to and processed in the United States or any other country in which ASI is located or conducts business. If ASI seeks to collect any additional personal data, you will be informed of the proposed uses of that data and asked for your consent.
- Policy Updates
- Additional Questions or Comments
Copyright laws of the United States of America protect the contents of the ASI Sites:
Materials and Sites will display a copyright notice and no portion of such materials may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without the prior written consent of Applied Science International, LLC. To obtain reproduction consent, make your request via the Contact Us page.
ASI, its affiliates, and subsidiaries develop and globally market engineering software, technologies, training, and related services. ASI encourages other associations, business organizations and individuals interested in our products to provide information links from their internet websites to ASI Sites. Given the nature of our business, Intellectual Property is our most important asset and we aggressively protect it. ASI has developed these Guidelines for the proper use of our valuable trademarks and service marks (collectively, “trademarks”). These Trademark Usage & Linking Guidelines apply to ASI as well as to third parties including, without limitation, distributors, customers, writers, and publishers. You acknowledge that ASI and its affiliates may immediately terminate this consent at any time, without penalty, with or without cause, and with or without notice, in which case you must remove such content within 10 business days of termination.
- ASI Trademarks: The following are registered trademarks of Applied Science International, LLC:
- Extreme Loading
- ASI Trademark Use:
- Third Party Use: Third parties may use ASI trademarks solely to reference ASI’s software, technologies, training, and related services. Referential use is prohibited if such use would defame or disparage ASI, its products, training, services or any other person or entity. Third Party use of ASI trademarks must accurately portray ASI’s relationship with the Third Party
- Proper Use: Do not alter ASI trademarks. ASI trademarks should be used exactly as written. The following are examples of proper use.
- Extreme Loading®
- Extreme Loading® Technology (ELT)
- SteelSmart® Technology (SLT)
- Extreme Loading® for Structures (ELS) Software
- SteelSmart® System (SSS) Software
- SteelSmart® System Basic
- SteelSmart® System Standard
- SteelSmart® System Advanced
- Improper Use:
- Applied Science International®
- Extreme Loading for Structures® (ELS)
- SteelSmart System® (SSS)
- ASI Logos: ASI logos or icons (including ones for ELS, SSS or ASI) may not be used without written permission. This includes copying, cutting, or edit from the ASI Sites or other documents. To obtain written permission from ASI’s Marketing Team, make your request via the Contact Us page.
- Linking: ASI encourages other associations, business organizations, and individuals interested in ASI’s products and services to provide information links from their internet websites to ASI’s website. Linking to our website does not imply that ASI advocates, sponsors or is affiliated with your company or any of its partners or your company’s products or services. By linking to any of the ASI Sites you:
- You agree that no part of your website will contain, or link to, content that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal. Or which may violate any rights.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold ASI and its affiliates , officers, employees and directors harmless from and against all present and future claims, demands, proceedings, litigation, liability, claim expense and cost (including legal fees, expenses, fines and penalties) brought by a third party(s).
- Other Company Trademarks: Autodesk®, Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® 3ds Max®, and Autodesk® Maya® are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. MicroStation® and STAAD® are registered trademarks of Bentley Systems, Inc. Abaqus® is a registered trademark of Dassault Systèmes. ANSYS® and Gambit® are registered trademarks of ANSYS, Inc. I-DEAS® is a registered trademark of Siemens PLM Software. LS-Dyna® is a registered trademark of Livermore Software Technology Corporation. Nastran® is a registered trademark of the National Aeronautics Space Administration. Patran® is a registered trademark of MSC Software Corporation. SAP 2000® and ETABS® are registered trademarks of Computers and Structures, Inc. All other brand, product, service and feature names or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
By submitting your order online through ASI Customer Portal, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You must be an end user to purchase products or subscriptions from the ASI Customer Portal. You may not commercially distribute, publish, license or sell any information or services obtained from the ASI Portal.
- You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at the ASI Customer Portal.
- Pricing and availability of software license and subscription options are subject to change at any time and without notice. ASI may place a limit on the quantities that may be purchased per order, per account, or per person.
- If Client is paying by credit card or other electronic payment method, you authorize ASI to charge your credit card in the amount due or based on the selected subscription and automatic renewal.
- ASI does not charge sales or value added tax for software subscriptions; Client is responsible to report and pay all applicable taxes based on their local laws.
- In the event of obvious errors on the ASI Portal or made in connection with your order, ASI reserves the right to correct the error and charge you the correct price. In this situation, you will be contacted by ASI and offered the option of purchasing the product at the correct price or canceling your order. Credits or refunds will be made using the same method of payment.
- By purchasing the software you are actually purchasing a license to utilize the software for a term defined in your order. Software purchased is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the software.
- ASI Software will be made available to you for download via the download page on the ASI Portal as long as you have a current purchased subscription.
Software and other materials from this site may be subject to United States Export Control. The United States Export Control laws prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No videos from this site may be downloaded or exported
- Into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or
- Anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders.
ASI does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from this site to any jurisdiction prohibited by the United States Export laws.
ASI maintains an export controls internal compliance program, including training for all employees. ASI also implements an export control compliance procedure for all customers. ASI software is dual-use, is considered EAR99, and is not subject to the International Traffic in Arms (ITAR).