Home > Software Modules > ELS Loading
ELS Materials & Loading
With ELS, users can select from a list of linear and nonlinear materials and modify standard material properties to match real-world conditions. Applying loads was never easier, with the multi-stage sequential loading found in ELS, users can create complex loading scenarios quickly and easily. Users may choose from a wide variety of static and dynamic loading types and create scenarios including multiple successive hazards.
Material & Loading Features:
- Material Modeling:
- Linear Material Models: for concrete, steel, masonry, mortar, glass, aluminum, bearing, linear elastic, and tension only linear elastic.
- Nonlinear Materials Models: for concrete, steel, aluminum, brick, glass, tension only, elastic, bilinear, multilinear, tension only bilinear, and tension-compression.
- Material Regions: edit the material of all elements enclosed in a certain region.
- Spring Filter: filter springs based on the spring direction. This helps modeling anisotropic materials by assigning different properties for different directions.
- Static Loading: apply concentrated, displacement, hydrostatic pressure, uniform pressure, moving, line, and custom loads.
- Dynamic Loading: apply concentrated, displacement, earthquake, blast, uniform pressure, pressure sources, vehicle load, moving, or custom loads.
- Staged Construction and Deconstruction: Activate or remove structural components at different times or stages.
- Initial Velocity and Acceleration: apply initial velocity and/ or acceleration to elements or structural component.
- Corrosion Effects: consider the effects of corrosion on all types of objects and materials to determine the failure capacity of corroded structures as well as failure capacity after retrofitting.
- Spring Controller: gives users control over the properties of springs enclosed in a specified region based on Time or Stage; allowing the user to Change Materials, Add/Remove Springs, Apply Cracks, Apply Temperature Loading, Apply Corrosion, Apply Prestressing.
- Analysis Settings:
- Kill Boundaries: eliminates unwanted debris and decreases simulation time based on “killing” boundary conditions set by the user.
- Physical Data Conflict Dialogue: automatically detects conflicts in loads and boundary conditions, allowing the user to remove them.
- Custom Run: run the analysis for specific parts of the structure or the whole structure.